Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Have I Arrived?

The dynamics in this household have shifted. With my oldest son now larger and stronger than I am, it suddenly feels as though there are three adults and five children in the house. Those are much better stats to work with than two to six. I feel the difference. Yesterday, we headed out to the museum and my oldest son navigated directions from the passengers seat. At the museum he took full responsibility of the youngest child, carrying him about on his strong shoulders, freeing me up to walk around and actually look at things. I know, can you believe it?

And today at that big box mart with the red circle for its logo, the boys unloaded the cart for the cashier and then put all the bags back into the cart without being asked. The clerk looked at me and said, "You have...(your hands full? No...) a lot of help." I do, I do have a lot of help.