Sunday, June 26, 2011

Feast of Corpus Christi


Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all!
How can I love Thee as I ought?
And how revere this wondrous gift,
So far surpassing hope or thought?

Sweet Sacrament, we Thee adore!
Oh, make us love Thee more and more.
Oh, make us love Thee more and more.

Thy Body, Soul and Godhead, all!
O mystery of love divine!
I cannot compass all I have,
For all Thou hast and art is mine!

This is a beautiful classic Catholic hymn, used by the universal Church for countless decades.

He that eat my flesh and drink my blood has everlasting life: and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed. He that eat my flesh and drink my blood abide in me and I in him. (John 6:55)

Corpus Domini nostri Jesu Christi custodiat animam tuam in vitam aeternam. Amen.