Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday Morning

So, after a happy and boisterous weekend of celebration for friends and first communions and mother's day, Micah decides his four hour nap/crash the day before was enough. He was up earlier than usual and crawling all over me in bed. He sat on me and pushed me, trying to get me up. As I lay there wishing he'd just go back to sleep so I could get some much needed Z's, I rolled over into a familiar position. It was a position I used to assume when I was expecting this child, hoping to feel a motion that would tell me he was there. Suddenly, I was reminded of those days of eager anticipation, looking to get a response from this little person--a turn or twist or swish, a delicate and elusive hint of who was to come and now here he was pushing me out of bed with great force. You've come a long way, baby, and I love you so much.