Wednesday, March 24, 2010

From a Reader

A reader writes...

I just wanted to add my 2 cents about Dr. Hilger's progesterone therapy. My youngest three children are my "progesterone babies". I needed progesterone support throughout my pregnancies with them. But I always had terrible baby blues. I don't think it turned into PPD, as it was fairly short-lived (less than 1 month) but for those few weeks, I was miserable and so was my family, especially my poor husband, who could not understand why I was crying all the time. Of course, the feelings associated with baby blues are so difficult to explain to anyone who hasn't experienced them. "Everything's wrong, but nothing is wrong....I love my babies so much it hurts...or it scares me..." The anxiety, feelings of hoplessness and despair, fear, and instability are completely overwhelming.

Luckily, I happened to mention my baby blues to Dr. Hilger's nurse. She told me how Dr. Hilgers treated baby blues with progesterone. I was a couple of days into my "blues" at this pont, but within one hour of getting my progesterone shot, I felt emotionally stable again! Not perfect, but still, like a miracle! I couldn't believe how much better I felt. I didn't always have such dramatic results, but the progesterone was such a relief for me.

I told a friend who's daughter was having PPD about it and she contacted Dr. Hilgers also and got relief from progesterone therapy.

I am sure these stories are not news for you, but I wanted to encourage you to continue spreading this information. It could help so many women.



Send me your story, if you have one. I'd love to hear it.