Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Healthcare (For the Computer)

Malware infected my computer yesterday. Thanks to the generosity and patience of my very smart brother, J, my computer is no longer infected. That took some time last night, and then this morning I had to work via "live chat" with my virus protection software company to repair their compromised system on my computer. All is well now, but I want to keep it that way and while I really have no way of knowing how the Malware got into the system (My brother assures me you don't have to do anything stupid to get this one) I still wanted to cover my bases.

"Boys," I said to the group of them, "You know you may never, ever download anything without my permission, right?"

"But Dad says we can't download anything without HIS permission, does that mean we need BOTH your permission AND his?"

"Yes," I said, "That's what it means."

"Wow," that boy responded, "That's like getting a bill through Congress."