Friday, February 12, 2010

The Best of All Possible Worlds

I had the chance today to spend some time with one of my favorite Valentines one on one. Zachary and I went out grocery shopping, just the two of us. On the ride home he asked me what world I would like to live in.

Me: Hu?

Him: You know, like cotton world, or toy world, or shopping world, which world you like to live in best?

Me: Oh, I see, well...maybe chocolate world.

Him: Ah yes, chocolate world. That would be good. Or coffee world?

Me: Yes, cappuccino world would be good. How about you?

Him: Well, I think it would be best to have everything. I would like best to live in everything world. And you know what? We do. This IS everything world and we DO live in it. Aren't we lucky?

We are lucky. And if I could go back I might have asked for Zachary world, or Simeon world, or Nicholas world or Jeremy world...but you know what? It doesn't matter, because I DO have all those...and more, because we DO live in everything world and we ARE lucky. Very lucky, indeed.