Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Best Thing I've Done For Our Homeschool

In the new year I decided to start an official morning prayer time with the boys before school begins. It isn't anything fancy or long, we just meet up on the couch twenty minutes before school begins and we read the liturgy of the word for the day, a short blurb on the saint for the day and pray the first decade of the rosary, finished with a morning offering and a little practice with Latin prayers.

I've been hesitant, with boys, to add too much prayer to our schedule, but the rhythm and balance and peace we have now is nothing but affirmation that I'm doing the right thing. This morning I looked up in the middle of our decade and saw that the boys not only tolerated this formal morning prayer, but really seemed to be enjoying it and I thought to myself, "Why didn't I start this sooner?"