Tuesday, July 07, 2009

We're Back!


Look who Micah got to meet on the way home yesterday! As you can see, Sarah is much better at sitting.


She's such a darling little girl in her summery pink cherry outfit. She wasn't too sure of me, but let me hold her so long as she could keep an eye on her big brother, Patrick.


I was so pleased to meet Elizabeth. She fed us a delicious brunch (my kids want me to get that french toast recipe) and my boys really welcomed the opportunity to run around and play with other kids after so many hours in the car and more hours ahead. I could have talked with Elizabeth forever. She's so interesting and I feel we have many things in common.


And I'm not just saying that because we happened to be wearing the same pants.


We're home but not quite in the swing of things yet. There's laundry to do, grass to mow, weeds to pull, mail to sort, and grocery shopping to be done and that's just real life. I'll get caught up on blogs and email as I can, maybe post some pictures from our trip. It was a good trip. We're really not happy that the deer ate all Micah's pears while we were away, but we're glad to be home.