Wednesday, May 06, 2009

For Sale

Yesterday was rainy and my husband was out of town so the kids and I decided to turn the whole house into a store. Actually, this was part of my secret plan to get the kids to practice counting change all day, but they didn't know that.

We took out the Jar of Money and the Register for a bank. We distributed cash and coins and the kids made price tags for everything. Alex ran a used book shop, Nicholas was the grocer, Jacob had a full scale department store going, and I was the cook. When I charged $2.75 for lunch sandwiches, Simeon called me a crook. He said "You can't charge us for lunch. Lunch is supposed to be free."


This, from the kid who just sold me my own purse for $200.00. Besides, there's no such thing as a free lunch.


Not all prices were exorbitant. Check out this steal!