Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things vol. 2

I had such a great response from readers when I shared a few simple things that were making me happy that I thought I'd do this every time I can think of three. So here goes...

1. Canned seltzer. I've never been a diet coke addict, but I do like Hansen's soda and Jones' diet varieties. These and coffee were my main beverages during daytime hours, but neither is hydrating and that doesn't work well while nursing a rapidly growing baby. So, I've switched to canned seltzer. Looking back and considering the benefits to health, I wonder why I didn't do this sooner. Maybe because it isn't easy to find canned seltzer. Look for it not with soda, but where the seltzer is sold.

2. "Mitten Strings For God," by Katrina Kenison is a book about balance, quiet and peace in the home. It was recommended to me by my sister, Helene. Thanks, Helene! Most likely, all of you have been reading it and talking about it and I had my head in the sand. If so, sorry, ignore this and move on. Also from Helene, comes orisinal. Orisinal is to video games what Kumon is to children's workbooks. The graphics are appealing and the music is lovely. I've played some myself. I don't mean to brag or anything, but it turns out I'm pretty good at catching bumblebees in bubbles.

3. Since we enjoyed Animal so much, we went ahead and purchased Universe. It has not dissapointed. This book is such a wealth of information and amazing photographs. I expect we'll love the binding off of it.