Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Where Have I Been?



I've been living in a world of softest skin, sweetest smells, and crisply laundered receiving blankets. There have been diaper changes, pajama changes, nursing position changes and a whole lot of holding and cuddling and staring between. There are lots of little squeaky noises and nursling breathy sounds and sneezes preceded by a scream (Does anyone else's newborns scream when they sneeze?). We have wrinkly brow and gassy smiles and a mouth shaped like a little O. Nothing much really happens here according to the standards of the rest of the world, and yet the moment has me trying to hold on to these days that are all a blend and slow time that flies faster than ever before. This is where I have been and there is no place I'd rather be.

Happy 2009, Everyone!