Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Still Here

Everything is done and ready for baby. Of course there are always little things that can still be done and so I've been doing those. I'll run to the library with an overdue book and return it. "There," I think to myself, "THAT was the last thing God wanted me to have done before baby arrives." The next day I'm mailing off a medical payment, "Surely THAT was the last thing that needed to be done." Every day brings a new little chore and the feeling that my having replaced the HVAC filters, sent an email, picked up candy canes, or ordered holiday flavored coffee will somehow bring on real labor. One of these days I will be right. There will be a last chore completed and baby will arrive some day. Until then, I appreciate all your prayers. So many have emailed me to say they are thinking of me and praying for me. I can feel your support and it is so much appreciated. Thank you.

What's the whale picture got to do with any of this? I don't know. Simeon drew that whale and it just spoke to me. I looked at her. She looked at me. We just seemed to understand one another. Not sure why...