Friday, October 17, 2008

Where Can You Get a Rosary for the Unborn?

Many readers have emailed me asking where they can order a rosary for the unborn like the one pictured below. It is beautiful, isn't it? I think so, too.

I did not include the information about where to order these rosaries in my last post because the Diocese of Cleveland thought it necessary to issue a caution against the group that sells them (PDF). The group is called Holy Love Ministries of Cleveland, Ohio. The stated reason for the 1999 caution, which is still in effect, is that leaders of "Holy Love Ministries" have claimed that they are not subject to the authority of the Catholic Church, but there may be even more reason than that for caution. Many have questioned the validity of the visionary claims of Maureen Sweeney Kyle and it was on account of her visions that "Holy Love Ministries" began distributing the rosaries.

The organization says that it is "heaven's desire" that the bulk of the proceeds from the sale of these rosaries go to care centers for unwed mothers. That sounds like a worthy cause. I leave it to you to decide whether or not you wish to support a questionable organization and if purchasing these rosaries could be considered support at all if proceeds are, in fact, donated to pro-life efforts. I just thought I should let you know.

Hey, maybe somebody else should start making similar rosaries. There seems to be a market. If you do start making them, let me know. I'll order the first dozen.