Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Thank You!

With seventy three donations and fifty claimed chances at a prize, the total funds donated to the Christmas Cheer Challenge just passed the $1,000.00 mark. I cannot express how grateful I am to all of you for your generosity and your kindness--many of you showing your kindness even in the smallest details by leaving kind words for Mary in the comment box. You know, she is reading every one of your words and looking at your names like signatures on a very special Christmas card. She thanks you. I thank you.

Last night, after a day of watching donations roll in well beyond my expectations and reading all of your kind comments to Mary, I had a hard time falling asleep. I felt so silly--like a child on Christmas Eve--but it wasn't sugarplums that kept me awake, it was the vision of human kindness and the beauty of the Christmas spirit.

For that, I thank you.