Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Six Questions I asked Myself Today

  • If our wooden train whistle is this chewed up, does that mean somebody in this house ate all that wood?
  • Are these light saber pieces in the lost hardware drawer?
  • How many pieces does a game have to lose before I can throw the whole thing away?
  • If I sew these decorative buttons on this living room throw pillow again, will they still be on by the weekend?
  • Is there a centrifugal force in the universe that acts on Lego, spreading it to the furthest corners of a house?
  • Could magic eraser remove red crayon from most of North America? On a globe, of course, but if Nicholas keeps up his current rate of Crayola coverage, the continent is in real danger too.

7 comments:

Michelle Halpin said...

The answer to number five is YES, YES, YES!

:)

Beck said...

So THAT'S why there was red crayon all over everything...

Cheryl M. said...

Sounds like you live with lots of little boys! :)

mel said...

Oy, that board game thing drives me crazy. I went on a fit a year ago and threw away most of the board games...if it was missing a piece, I chucked it. I told the kids I would buy some more when they started taking care of the ones we had, and I swore I would really crack down on making sure the games were put away properly. Now I think there is one game left with all the pieces. :/

Colleen said...

moms of boys know the answer to thosse questions...i spent half my packing time today sweeping up legos and putting cranium pieces back in the box....then washed all the pjs for our trip with a red crayon!

Bia said...

Yes, definitely yes, to the lego question! I think the pieces secretly multiply during the night!

Ouiz said...

Oh my goodness, does this mean that I'm not going crazy? Other moms ask these questions too?

I go stark raving nuts over the games that are missing pieces! Can someone tell me WHY children would rather take games apart and use the pieces for something else? I was a kid once -- honestly, I was! -- and I remember PLAYING WITH the game, not scattering the pieces to the four corners of the globe!

I also ask the same question about legos... and bionicles...

sigh. Someday our houses will be clean, and we will miss every bit of this.

May the Lord help us to truly cherish these times!