Monday, October 22, 2007

Wonder



My husband's mother, good woman that she is, had been storing boxes and boxes of my husband's things for many years in her garage in California. She has recently moved to the east coast and she brought these boxes with her...to our garage. We spent the day looking through them and discovered many wonderful things, mostly books, but the boomerang also deserves mention and among my husband's art work, we discovered this. This is a paint and pencil piece my husband created long before he had sons. It is amazing to me because I think I know this boy. He could be any one of ours.

12 comments:

Margaret in Minnesota said...

That's a great image, Suzanne (or should I say, Suzanne's husband?), and a very powerful one, as well.

gretchen from lifenut said...

Wow! I hope you frame it.

KC said...

WOW! That's beautiful!

Jane Ramsey said...

Beautiful! It's evident that your boys get their artistic talent from BOTH sides of the family!

Mrs. Darling said...

Your husband made that? I am in awe! What a beautiful piece. Now wonder your kids can draw so well.

Kristen Laurence said...

Wow! That is beautiful, Jeremy.

Suzanne Temple said...

Thanks everyone. I did frame it and I hung it over Alex's bed.

Goslyn said...

That is so beautiful. But seeing as it is original artwork, I would encourage you to watermark the online image, so that someone cannot take it and pass it off as their own! It's so precious, I would hate to see something happen to it.

Thanks for sharing. What a talented husband you have.

J.C. said...

It's beautiful, Suzanne! What did the kids say when they saw it? And what was Jeremy's inspiration for this piece? Does he remember?

Suzanne Temple said...

Thanks, J.C. My kids love it. Jeremy tells me he just sketched the boy one day and thought it might be neat to put him in that scene and so he did.

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

That is such a lovely post and drawing.

It demonstrates such sensitivity in your dh...no wonder your boys are exceptional!

Cay said...

Wow! I see a picture book in this...with the simple title of "Wonder".