Thursday, October 04, 2007

Poetic Justice

The boys' Natural Science teacher at our Memorial Park this year is...Mr. Greenwood.

Seriously.

And, of course, the boys just take this for granted. After all, isn't the repair man in the Richard Scarry books Mr. Fixit? And the plumber, Mr. Leaky?

We're off to our Nature class now. It lasts all day. We'll probably stop in at the grocery store to get a bite to eat around noon, see Grocer Cat and Farmer Alphalpha and maybe, if we're lucky, we'll bump into Lowly driving his big apple car.

10 comments:

Pro-Life Mommy said...

Well, at least they won't forget his name! I wonder how many people have commented about his name..

Gabrielle said...

I know of a chiropractor whose name is Dr. Paine, and my boss has a doctor whose name in French is Docteur Chronique, and we had a good laugh thinking about them going into business together.

Beck said...

Mr. Greenwood. hee hee.

mopsy from lifenut.com/blog said...

We *love* Richard Scarry. My daughter had a Richard Scarry birthday when she turned 2.

My kids call their pediatrician "Dr. Bones" after the Richard Scarry character.

Their dentist is literally named Dr. Strange.

Julie said...

Oh, the big apple car!

Suzanne Temple said...

Gabrielle, that is too, too funny.

we love Richard Scarry around here, too. He's one of those authors I just loved as a child and so I love to see my children loving him, too.

Jane Ramsey said...

I do hope Mr. Greenwood is a better teacher than Mr. Fixit is a repairman! :-)

Suzanne Temple said...

Oh Jane, you are right about that one. Hilarious!

Goslyn said...

Hilarious! Tom's favorite Richard Scarry car pair is Mr. Frumble in his pickle car (which has nothing to do with your post about aptonymns) but I still think it's cute.

Alice Gunther said...

LOL, perfect!

I also liked Dr. Paine and Dr. Strange. We met a doctor with a troubling name once--a neurosurgeon named "Dr. Mechanic."

I kid you not!