Sunday, October 21, 2007

All Hallow's Eve, Eve, Eve, Eve, Eve, Eve.....

My boys have been living in their Halloween costumes for almost a week now. It has its drawbacks--When I call for my oldest son, Darth Vader answers and there is a certain Crusader I have to keep kicking out of my kitchen. The theme music that follows them all around can get to be a bit much as well.

I try to focus on the positives. For example, I've been spending a lot of time alone with the handsome, young Prince Philip. I'm tutoring him in phonics, you know. Maybe he'll just forget all about that Sleeping Beauty and stay with his mother where he belongs--at least until he can tie the laces on his boots himself and his mustache is no longer the kind that comes from drinking milk.

2 comments:

mel said...

Wow, you are a nice Mom! :) I make mine wait until Halloween. I'm always afraid their costumes will be in tatters otherwise!

Jane Ramsey said...

We tried ours on today--two very dashing knights and one incredibly cute little Viking! These double as All Saints Day costumes, too--did you know St. Olav was a Viking? (Thank God for Google!)The knights both wanted to be St. George of course, but one had to settle for St. Ignatius.