Wednesday, September 26, 2007

History News

You may remember when I confessed to ordering this beautiful three ring History binder after seeing it at Michelle's place. I love the binder idea for a timeline and this one is really good quality. You can order it from Homeschool in the Woods.


While I ordered the binder, I did not order the computer software or pre-printed clip art that Homeschool in the Woods offers with this timeline. While the clip art truly is beautiful, I knew my kids would rather make their own depictions of historical events. It may not be as clean looking, but I am happy with this decision.

Pictured above: Top left: "1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue." Bottom right: 1497-98 Vasco Da Gama successfully sails around Africa, from Portugal to India on a trading expedition.

6 comments:

Michelle Halpin said...

Emma just loved seeing your boys' work...we just did Vasco da Gama, too, and while we used the gorgeous timeline artwork from the CD-ROM, (we're artistically challenged here! :), your boys' artwork is fabulous!

aunt helene said...

No pre-printed clip-art could beat THAT!

Jennie C. said...

We made homemade binder timelines, too, and to keep it a bit tidy, I printed a blank table, with a larger square on top for an illustration, and a smaller one on the bottom for a note. The girls love making their pictures, too.

Crafty Mom said...

I love the History through the ages timeline figures, but I must admit your boys do marvelous on their own.

We made our own timeline binder, and then put the figures in as we come to them. This year is ancient history, and then however far we get in the Bible.

Theresa said...

That's just exactly how we do it, too. I love the book. It just makes everything look so nice!

Erin said...

Wow!!!! and more Wow!! For so long I have wanted to do a timeline (and dh has asked that we do) and I haven't because I couldn't work it out or be inspired enough. Am I correct in thinking that each date has 30 years either side of it? I am now really excited, I can see it as achievable:):) Thank you!