Saturday, September 29, 2007

Cashing In

I stumbled upon Salary.com's Mom Salary.com calculator and created a paycheck for myself based upon the number of children I have and the hours I put in each week teaching, cooking, and cleaning. The check was for $167,000.00.

As you can see, they put my annual pay all in one paycheck. Slightly inconvenient, I think, but I won't complain.

Also, interesting to find that I would earn slightly higher than the national average, $138,005, for stay at home mothers. This is most likely because I have slightly higher than the national average number of children.

Make yourself a paycheck today!

7 comments:

Barb, sfo said...

$144,672 for me. That's with 1 child in "preschool" range and 2 in "older." I probably drive a lot more than you, so my Chauffeur section was pretty high.
Not too shabby, I thought.
Still, the hugs are priceless. Or, in the case of Big Brother, "That rocks, Mom!"

Suzanne Temple said...

Not shabby at all, Barb!

Beck said...

I tried to be totally honest and ended up making $50 grand. HEY.

Ruth said...

That was fun! I got $138,000 as well. That would be nice : )

mopsy said...

$304,440!

I think their little calculator is insane.

annemcd said...

I would LOVE to bring in 160grand! I think a lot of that has to do with where we live (NOVA). That was fun-- thanks!

Jennifer said...

I posted my amount on my blog. Thanks for the fun. I needed that!