Friday, August 24, 2007

If You Give a Mom a Mouse...

..she's probably going to find things she'll want to buy.

If you've finished planning for the school year and have ordered all your materials, if you've reached your budget (and maybe even gone a bit beyond) then whatever you do...

...don't go here and see Michelle's books, don't imagine all you could do with that beautiful timeline (Confession: We ordered it)...

...or here where Karen E. will have you yearning for things you already have too much of and wanting things you won't need for a few years yet...

...and be warned of Elizabeth's Waldorf post because if you follow all those inspiring links you will likely find yourself on the telephone reciting your credit card number to a helpful representative somewhere.

Click carefully around Katherine's place too. Her continent boxes are a big temptation to us. If that's not your particular weakness, you're sure to find one in her learning room.

Then there's Cay and Matilda, and Meredith, and Jennifer and...

I'd better go use the books we already have and enact the plans already made.

15 comments:

Katherine in TX said...

You aren't kidding, Suzanne! I've almost had to stop reading planning posts just because there are so many wonderful ideas out there. Elizabeth's Waldorf post almost put me over the edge, but I resisted.

But isn't it a blessing that there is such great homeschooling support in our blogging village that we have to put on blinders?

Signed,
The woman who swore she wasn't going to go hog wild buying Montessori resources after reading Suzanne's post on the ills of Montessori soup and fell off the wagon. ;)

Amy said...

Hold your ground, Suzanne, you can do it!! :) I am finding the same thoughts going through my head lately, however!

Jennifer said...

Yup. I went straight from Elizabeth's to Amazon last night. I even paid for shipping! And I caved on some on the Illuminated Lettering Kit. I'm a little dizzy.

Karen E. said...

And, don't forget that I just posted links to Dover's cool stuff on The Book of Kells. ;-)

Not that *I* would want to tempt anyone, because, you know, I'm done spending money and all that. Kinda.

Matilda said...

You had me at "timeline"!

Cheryl M. said...

Suzanne, you are so right! When I read Elizabeth's Waldorf post *I* wanted to whip out the credit card...:) It touches my heart because I did so much fun Waldorf stuff with my daughter when she was little. I even have the two playstands in my attic that my dad built cause I didn't want to pay the amount in the Magic Cabin Doll catalog...oh about 10 years ago. "Now Cheryl, off the computer and back to the books you've already ordered and received...":))))

Celeste said...

Oh, how true! I could spend hours!!!!!!

A confession here. I bought the timeline before you did. I fell in love with it at our local homeschool store. I skipped the binder, but I did buy all the packs of figures though! Love IT!

Thanks for more scrumtious links!

Kristen Laurence said...

You speak for all of us, Suzanne, even those of us not yet fully homeschooling!

KC said...

Oh, this post and the comments are cracking me up. We are all addicted to these wonderful products aren't we? It's so much fun! Who needs to whip out the card? I've got my number memorized. ;-)

Jen said...

Oh boy...more stuff to get (which I want, and sort of still need). Great links.

Suzanne Temple said...

I see I'm not alone! Ha!

Theresa said...

That is the same wonderful timeline book we have and you are going to love it!
And, yes, I too am in the same boat (the SS Amazon.com) even though I swore I needed nothing more school-wise a month ago. I blame Elizabeth. And Karen. And Katherine...

Suzanne Temple said...

The S.S. Amazon.com-- I love it!

Carmen L. said...

Oh gosh Suzanne, just seeing your post has put me over the edge! I've spent way too much time at Amazon. You had me chuckling with this post. -Carmen

Jane Ramsey said...

Yes, yes...me too! MUST STOP LOOKING!