Friday, July 20, 2007

The Missing Piece

Ever since Alex and I completed the Usborne Wildlife puzzle while we were on vacation in Cape Cod last year, I wanted to work with him on the Usborne Wildflower puzzle.

We very nearly completed it on Wednesday (with a little help from Grandmaman), but found that we were missing ONE piece. Very frustrating. I looked for that piece, but didn't find it. This morning Simeon found it just lying on the floor in the middle of a room I had searched a hundred times. There it was, somehow mysteriously in a place it wasn't before, plain to see and there for the taking--the piece that completed the puzzle.

How I wish I could say that this is the perfect metaphor for where we are at in life right now, but it just isn't so. Not just now. I think such moments are quite rare. So, rather than sit around waiting for one to come my way, I will take satisfaction knowing that small things come together here every day in their own little ways and that these are great victories in themselves.

6 comments:

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

Oh my goodness! We're living parallel lives. Yesterday I found my shoe! Yes, shoe! We have looked for that one summer Birkenstock I so much love for one and a half months-- to no avail. I thought after all that it must have been thrown away or accidentally added to a St Vincent de Paul clothes donation. And yet... just yesterday, just like that, it appeared! From under a loveseat, while I had company! We all celebrated and they are on my feet now!

Suzanne Temple said...

Whoo-hoo! Congratulations!

Erika said...

Beautiful puzzles.

Kristen Laurence said...

What a pretty puzzle!

JennGM said...

I truly think St. Anthony works in those strange ways...leaving things back in places we already searched. I'm glad you found it. Great puzzles!

Ann Horan said...

I really love these puzzles! I just found them cheaply online. I can't wait to do them with my nature lovers.