Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I Can't Help But Think...

...that Modern Philosophy could learn much from the common sense of a child.

While packing up after a pic nic at the park I discovered that someone had accidentally thrown the cover of one of my tupperware containers in the trash bin along with the disposable plastic and paperware. I held my breath and tried not to think too much about what I was doing as I reached in with one hand to retrieve it and waved away flies with the other.

"I found this in the trash," I said wrapping it in napkins before placing it in the cooler.

"Mmmm. Mmmm. Delicious," my husband said.

"Ewww," Simeon squealed.

"What's the matter Simeon?"

"It was IN THE TRASH."

"So? What's wrong with trash? Just because it is in that bin? I mean anything could be trash, like that cup your drinking out of, it's trash...you just haven't put it in the bin yet," I teased.

"Exactly," my husband played along, "It's just a difference of location, that's all."

Simeon looked at my husband and then he looked at my affected serious expression, he was quiet for a moment, then shook his head,

"You guys are weird," he brushed us off and ran to the swings.

4 comments:

Mom Tu-Tu said...

I would definitely go trash fishing for my Tupperware too!

Muddy Mama said...

Oh, if only I had a dollar for every time one of my kids told my husband and I that we were weird!

Suzanne Temple said...

That's funny mm. This was a first for us. I should start charging.

Favorite Apron said...

You wouldn't believe how much of my good silverware I've found in the compost pile.