Friday, June 15, 2007

Potty Sharks

The way it works around here is that the trainee gets potty treats whenever he uses the potty and anyone else who happens to be about gets a treat or two as well. I refuse, however, to head back to the cupboards and dig out potty treats for a nine year old brother who wasn't there, but later saw the others with treats.

Not gunnu do it.

If you want the treats, you have to be there when I'm handing them out. As a result, I see some of the older ones circling the trainee and encouraging him to keep his pants dry by frequenting the candy machine--I mean potty.

6 comments:

Johane said...

I betcha the trainee will be dry very soon if his brothers keep that up! ;)

ryan m. said...

Hey, I guess that's one advantage of having older siblings around!

We're currently going through training with our first, so this is a timely topic...

Julie said...

We are also currently using potty treats for our trainee! Maybe I should consider offering them to the older siblings... things just might progress more quickly!

Margaret in Minnesota said...

Stick to your guns, Mom! Believe me, this is from a fellow mother of a 9-year-old. I know the looks that they can give us--not disrespectful, but instead, oh..so..sad. It's very hard not to cave at that point, but we must be firm.

Plus I'm just so impressed that you've stayed the course with the potty training thing. That's one area that I did cave in on...Camille makes it there about 25% of the time and that's fine by me. When it comes to pushing the potty thing, I'm a big distracted wimp.

But don't you be.

T with Honey said...

At least their encouraging him for something positive. Much better than trying to make him laugh so hard he pees his pants.

Jane Ramsey said...

It is much the same here (as is often the case with your posts!)-- all get treats when the baby goes...although the 3 year old has a different trick. Whenever he goes, he exclaims, "I'm getting potty trained!" (meaning "I get a treat!") Sorry, Buddy, we finished with you 6 months ago!