Saturday, June 09, 2007

Our Lady of the Kitchen Sink in June


Remember all the fun we had sharing the views from our kitchen sink with Margaret back in January? Remember Our Lady of the Kitchen Sink from September? Well, I thought I'd share Our Lady of June. In June, the climbing roses along our sunroom walls begin to bloom. They grow right over the screens and when a June breeze blows, the main floor of my home smells like these lovely roses. Tonight, Jeremy clipped the first few of the year and each boy carried one in for his mother. Naturally, I passed them along.

Our Lady of the Kitchen Sink everywhere,
Pray for us and the little ones in our care.


Since last September, I received many, many emails concerning this statue and so I hope to save myself some time by saying here that this statue was a gift to us from Simeon's godparents. We do not know the manufacturer, only that it was made in Italy.

***UPDATE***

Thanks to Jennie C. for leaving this link in the combox. It looks like Leaflet Missal carries this statue in two sizes. Thanks Jennie!

16 comments:

Cheryl M. said...

So pretty! :)

Kimberlee said...

So very beautiful and such a lovely sign of devotion!

Jennie C. said...

I've always wanted this statue. Hope the link helps your other admiring readers! (Leaflet Missal is our favorite catalog around here!)

Suzanne Temple said...

Jennie, that's it! I'm sure it is. Thank you so much for the link.

scmom said...

Just beautiful! I' so short on counter space in my kitchen -- maybe I'll have to put up a shelf.

Jen said...

That is a beautiful statue. Beautiful post too. How wonderful to have our lady with you.

Ryan M. said...

Thanks, Jennie -- you're the (wo)man!

Ryan M. said...

Btw, I also found the "Bavarian Madonna" here. And there's a similar statue of St. Joseph.

Matthew Lickona said...

Lovely arrangement of roses - and the roses themselves are gorgeous. What sort are they?

Suzanne Temple said...

Hello, and thank you Matthew. I wish I could tell you with certainty the name of this variety, but these two climbers were here when we moved in. As best we have been able learn, they are either "High Hopes" or "Pearly Gates." Heavenly either way.

Kristen Laurence said...

So beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know there is a Catholic gift store in Hastings, MN that carries the statue for $45.00. I believe the name is Divine Inspirations Books and Gifts. It is a lovely statue.

freddie said...

Our Lady of the Kitchen Sink. how could I have always missed this name of our lady in my rosary prayers? Is that why I felt my prayers not to be listened?.... don't worry, I simply know I should pray with a bit more faith...
Anyhow, I'm sure SHE loves this name, and she protects your home and family!
br.Freddie OFM

Ruth said...

Beautiful!!!

Julie said...

Just Beautiful!

Mary Ellen Barrett said...

Lovely Suzanne!