Saturday, June 02, 2007

Mind-bloggling

It's a little cold in here. I really need to fold that laundry. What is that smell? I think it might be coming from the hall rug. Thank you, humidity. Boy, it was nice to get out today and see some people I haven't seen in a while. We got to go to Mass, I got to have lunch across from Father at the gathering afterward... He is such a sweet and gentle priest, seems so much to appreciate families. What a blessing. We should invite him over. It would be good for the boys. I will do that. The pencil sharpener. I need to pick that up. When? And a baby gift. She had a girl, I think. Yes, yes, a girl...Sigh...a girl. Baseball: tomorrow. Do we have coffee creamer for the morning? Those toys the boys were given today were cute. What a hail storm when we got home! Ha! The deli line today was hilarious. Perfect. I had them all dressed for Mass and their hair neatly combed. Sure, we always look like this when we're picking up meatloaf-- no wonder ALL those women turned to admire them. They were sooo good, too, answering the questions politely and not straying from me. What a show! I must have looked like Mrs. Mom of the Universe. We can really impress sometimes. That's good. I've had my share of humiliation...and then some. Yes, indeedy I have. This is good balance...

Hey, did you hear all of that?

Me too.

That was me thinking. Jeremy took ALL the boys out to eat by HIMSELF and I'm alone in the house. Strange. I can hear myself think. Nothing brilliant, for sure, but hey... one step at a time.

11 comments:

Michelle Halpin said...

I'm glad someone else has such a random stream of consciousness going on like that...now I don't feel so alone. :) Glad you got some time to yourself! But I'm like you; those rare moments alone turn into these interminable run-on thoughts that wear me out! LOL! :)

KImbberlee said...

It's right up there with "The moo cow came down the road..." if you ask me.;-)

Cheryl said...

This was very cute. I bet that deli visit was too.

Johane said...

Oh! The joy of having a moment's peace so that you can think! :D

Cheryl M. said...

I keep reading this post and laughing...something so simple as being able to hear oneself think....and I just love your creative title! :)

Suzanne Temple said...

Oh thank you Cheryl, I'm happy to make you smile.

melanieb said...

For some reason I'm having flashbacks to my third semester of grad school when I'd fall asleep reading Ulysses on the commuter train and have very odd dreams.... :)

In other words, I like the stream of consciousness blogging.

Ann Horan said...

My thoughts exactly! Well, sort of. I think I have thought on most of the same topics in the last hour (we got the hail too). Hilarious!

Katie said...

Isn't it wonderful to have some quiet time now and then!? Glad you were able to enjoy some today. Now that the school year is over, it must be that time for us to "recharge our batteries" with some "mom-time". I, too, had some of that this weekend at the MN Catholic Home Education Conference in Minneapolis for 2 days - with other moms like myself... while little ones were home with Daddy. Ahhh! I do feel refreshed!

Cay said...

The very fact that you got all those precious thoughts written down makes you "Mrs. Mom of the Universe". :)

Jane Ramsey said...

"sigh...a girl"
I know the feeling.