Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Choke!

Alex choked on water he was drinking too quickly.

Me: Alex, are you OK? Did you swallow wrong?

Alex: No, (croak)...I swallowed right (gasp)...the water just went down the wrong froat*.

Me: (laughing) (choking on my water) (gasp)

Alex: Are you OK? Did you swallow wrong?

* throat

+ + +

This incident reminded me of the time years ago when my father was showing Simeon a magic trick where he would make it appear as though he could switch his wedding ring from one finger to the next with just a slap of his hand on a table. Simeon liked the trick, but wanted more...

"Now, can you make your tie switch to your other neck?" He requested.

That would be a nifty trick.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

That is so funny.

Johane said...

That is one thing I'm thankful for today... I'm thankful that I wasn't drinking water when I read this post! LOL

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

I had to laugh out loud with that one!

God bless,
Donna