Friday, June 15, 2007

Bzzzz

There are advantages to putting off mowing the lawn--I mean besides getting to not mow for a time. And there are advantages to having a "bad" patch of lawn over the place where the oil tank was once buried. The overgrown clover attracts bees with its nectar and bees attract little boys with their buzzing, I suppose, and overall insecty appeal.

While the boys spend hours, and I do mean hours, collecting bees, you can dig your sewing machine out of the depths of your closet and blow the dust off the top. You might need to tune the machine up a bit and perhaps even use the iron, but if you do, you can make a simple, but lovely curtain for the half bath--all while the bees babysit the boys just outside the window where you're working.

7 comments:

Cheryl M. said...

You sewed!! You sewed!! I'm so happy for you and the curtain is just lovely. I love the embroidered hem area!! Was it fun??? ;)

Suzanne Temple said...

You know Cheryl, it was nice to be with the machine again and to feel the accomplishment of a finished product that I know will last some time. I ordered fabric to make curtains for the living room next or valances, anyway. I'll be sure to post pictures when those are done.

Johane said...

Those are truly lovely! You are gifted. At least bees make good babysitters for your crew. They just terrify mine! lol

Kristen Laurence said...

Suzanne, it is just darling! I too love the embroidered hem. And I'm so jealous! I am just aching to buy a sewing machine and get started. Good for you!

Saint Maker said...

How lovely! I like all the details... btw what a lovely picture of you and your darlings in front of the tulips! Is that in your yard?
God Bless!
Peace,
Judy

LN said...

I am waiting for sting story.

Suzanne Temple said...

ln, This story has no sting. As of yet, that is.