Saturday, May 26, 2007

Young and Old

Two people I met today that made me smile...

1. The most beautiful, five-day-old baby girl. Her little feet were sticking out of her blanket propped up in her car seat in the grocery shopping cart for all to see. She had the most perfect and delicately made toes I have ever seen. Her mother let me take a peek at her sleeping face, too, and the rest of her was as lovely as those toes.

2. An elderly man on his way in the church door as we were on our way out. He smiled as the boys passed and then took my arm, "Enjoy them now, Dearie," he said kindly, "They grow all too fast...They just keep going up into the next grade... and before you know it, they're gone."

God bless the very young, the very old, and all of us between.

4 comments:

Beck said...

The day The Boy was born, my uncle was exactly two floors above us, dying (we were in room 325, he was in 525). Several hours after The Boy was born, my uncle died and the hospital called my room and asked my husband if he could go up and comfort my aunt, who was all alone. She was still sitting with her husband's body, so my husband was with someone right at the beginning of their life and someone who had just passed from their life in the same day.

Jen said...

Wow. That post made me sit back and think. To me, since mine are all so small, it seems that they'll be this way forever. A great reminder that only heaven is forever, and to enjoy the "babies" while we have them.

Ruth said...

Beautiful post!

Mia said...

Amen... and i say it from the heart.