...when you've taken those boys to the pool?
1. You get your three year old to wrap his tiny fingers around your neck while you hold him in the pool, kiss you on the cheek and proclaim, "Mama, I love you in the water!"
2. You get to discover, much to your surprise and delight, that both babies can stand in the shallow end of the big pool this year.
3. You get to laugh when one of them sees the off duty guards sweeping and asks, "Are those the Life Cleaners?"
4. You get to see them all swim and play together like a family of otters.
5. You get to chuckle when they use their fingers "like windshield wipers" to clear the water drops from your sunglasses.
6. You get to bring them home tired and hungry
7. You get to feed them
8. and you get to put their sun-kissed little bodies to bed
9. and run your fingers through the highlights in their hair
10. and know that you've given them a happy, happy day
11. and that their dreams will be sweet
12. because tomorrow will bring more of the same.