Thursday, May 24, 2007

Pom-Pom Pets


Many months back, I treated Simeon to a bookstore shopping spree as a reward for something I can't remember now. He spotted a book about making your own pom-pom pets and brought it to me all excited... until he noticed the editor was American Girl.

"Do you think this book is just for girls?" He asked disappointed.

I thought a moment as I thumbed through the pages remembering the happy times I spent as a child making my own pom-poms from cardboard and string. The ideas in this book kit are simple and sweet and the new plastic pom-pom makers intrigued me. Fluffy animal pets don't strike me as something for girls only, especially when they include directions for making an owl, a polar bear, and even a skunk. We bought it. Today, we made this bunny.

Good, simple fun.

The book kit is not very generous with yarn. We had to supplement. We also bought some props as pictured in the book: see silk lettuce above.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are totally cheating on your blog break.

Suzanne Temple said...

Anon, You are totally right and my husband just accused me of the same. What can I say? I didn't need as much time as I thought I would. Serves me right for blogging about blogging. Ha!

Rose said...

Ha! I was thinking the same thing as anonymous.

Kristen Laurence said...

So adorable, the bunny AND the lettuce! Love it!