Sunday, May 13, 2007

May Flowers

This morning I had breakfast in bed and was showered with cards, good wishes, chatter and chocolate by my loving sons who were eager for me to share the wealth almost as soon as they gave it. After mass, we drove out to a municipal park known for its rose gardens. While the roses won't be here for another month or so, the tulips were a sight to see...

...and the Lilacs were a smell to smell.

Sorry, this picture is not a scratch and sniff.

After strolling about for a time, we played some baseball on the diamond and then hit our favorite restaurant for dinner. This was a happy day. It was a day filled with laughter and sunshine, surprises and special moments. This was one of the best days; one of the days I want to remember so that it might bring sunshine to my old age. Today was one of those days that reminds me how rich I am, and how blessed, and why I do what I do and how wonderful it all is. Tomorrow, tomorrow I may be sick...I expect to be sick tomorrow... but tonight, I go to bed:

Queen of My World.

Thank you, God!

19 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful pictures and a beautiful family! Happy Mothers Day!

Goslyn said...

What a gorgeous picture. So glad you had a great Mother's Day! And you look wayyyy too young to have all those beautiful boys, by the way.

Cheryl M. said...

Beautiful!!!! You, the kids, and the flowers! :)

Beck said...

Your family is gorgeous and so are your flowers! I can't believe the flowers you have right now, by the way - I'm lucky to have a few spindly tulips.

Ann Horan said...

Happy Mother's Day!

It is so nice to "see" you with the boys.

I hope you are feeling alright today.

Jill said...

That will definately bring sunshine to you in your old age. And every day! What great memories, and what a beautiful photo of you and your boys. You are all so darling!!

Anonymous said...

I looked at that picture and thought "Oh, look. A twelve-year-old with her little brothers."

You look SO YOUNG!

Ken Wills said...

I'm glad you had a great day. Most of the time it seems the simple pleasures / activities create the lasting memories.

Kristen Laurence said...

Oh my! Breathtaking photographs, especially the last one of you and the boys! I will come back to visit this page often, just to "see" you again! God bless, Suzanne.

~m2~ said...

you are so beautiful and i just simply adore your boys :)

happy belated mother's day!

Michelle Halpin said...

Ah, those are my favorite kind of days, too, Suzanne. Beautiful tulips, beautiful family!

Julie said...

What a beautiful queen with her handsome boys! Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day. I had to chuckle at the breakfast in bed - showered with cards - eager childen waiting to share in the wealth....sounds exactly like my breakfast in bed! I think my three ate most of my plate but I loved every minute of it!

Ruth said...

happy Mother's day to you.

mopsy said...

What a sweet picture. You are beautiful and your boys are darling, handsome little guys.

Rose said...

I usually lurk, but what a gorgeous photo. You are going to treasure that.

Melissa said...

That is such a beautiful of you and your boys.

Hope you're feeling well today!

Melissa said...

Apparently I'm up too early. That was supposed to be "beautiful PHOTO" of you and your boys!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Your court holds some handsome boys and a beautiful queen....

Jane Ramsey said...

Sweet! What a lovely day!