Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's day 2006: Jacob shares a nap with me.

Five Things I Love About Being a Mother

1. I love to see my children grow. I love to see them reach new heights (literally and otherwise), learn new things, and attain greater abilities. I love to see the fine young men they are becoming and imagine what their futures might bring.

2. I love to see my children caring for each other. A comforting hug when one has been injured, a gentle word when another is frustrated, a pat on the back when a third has done well, I see these gestures and more each day and count their worth more than all the flowers in the fields.

3. I love the faith my children have in me. Though I am not always worthy of it, these children trust me completely. It is a very humbling thing to be pushed, in one moment, beyond your limits and rise up in the next moment because you see the trust of those who pushed you there.

4. I love the flowers and the affection. The boys here find femininity a curious thing. They know I'm different and to them that means I like pretty things and things that smell nice and look clean. They go out of their way sometimes to give me such things and I always appreciate that.

5. I love the company. I love a happy and busy home. I grew up in one and I am pleased to have made my own. I love the fullness of a shared life that can be found here, whether it is in the boisterous celebration of a holiday or just the quiet company of a shared nap.

Happy Mother's Day to Mothers Everywhere!
Today, you are in my prayers.

18 comments:

Kristen Laurence said...

A happy, wonderful Mother's Day to a beautiful, wonderful mother!!

Cheryl M. said...

Happy Mother's Day, Suzanne! :))))

Ken Wills said...

Happy Mother's Day.

Margaret in Minnesota said...

This is a lovely tribute. I love Mother's Day reflections, because our work is so very important. Eternally important!

Not to put pressure on ourselves or anything.

Happy Mother's Day, Suzanne! Hug those little men for me.

PS. You do look like Judy Garland!

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

What a truly beautiful picture of you and your son! Happy Mother's day, Suzanne!

Beth said...

Happy Mother's Day Suzanne!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Truly beautiful post, Suzanne!

May you enjoy a glorious Mother's Day with your beautiful family!

Mary Poppins NOT said...

Have a blessed day, Suzanne!

betty said...

Happy Mother's Day, Judy...I mean Suzanne!!!

Margaret is right, ya know!

Love2Learn Mom said...

Great picture and post. Happy Mother's Day!

Jill said...

Your reflections on the five things you love about motherhood are great. As are the five boys that fit those descriptions!

Aimee said...

Lovely! Happy Mother's Day :)

Christine said...

Happy Mother's Day!

KC said...

Happy Mother's Day!! Great post and great photo.

Matilda said...

Just beautiful!

http://thetuckerbunch.typepad.com said...

This is such a beautiful post. I couldn't have said it better myself. God bless you.

MaryM said...

So beautiful - and so true!

Jane Ramsey said...

Beautiful, Suzanne! Happy Mother's Day--very late, I know!