Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Pillow in the Middle

On the drive home from New Hampshire after Easter the boys all fell asleep in the van-- except for Simeon, who sits in the middle seat. Jacob suddenly started to fuss and cry about something.

Me: What's the matter with Jacob?

Simeon: He wants to sleep on me. He wants to use me like a pillow.

Me: Oh, well...Simeon, maybe he could? Couldn't you let him?

Simeon: (trying to be good sport) Oh OK, he can. It's just that Alex is already sleeping on me on the other side.

6 comments:

mel said...

Aw...what a sweet brother! :)

mel said...

Aw...what a sweet brother. :)

Jennifer said...

That is too cute!!!! I remember those days. My sister was the worst! What a good boy you are raising.

Beck said...

Being the oldest kid requires a lot of patience, Ithink. He sounds like a lovely boy.

Matilda said...

It's tough being the oldest sometimes. It sounds like he is handling it well!

Crafty Mom said...

Simeon sounds like he is quite the boy. He takes care of his siblings when his parents are sick, and then acts as the human pillow. I hope my son grows up to be so caring!