Monday, March 19, 2007

Winter's Last Gasp

Snow and Sunshine

When my husband brought me these roses, it was nearly seventy degees outside. I had windows open all over the house. By the end of the week, we were hit with one of the messiest storms of the winter. Ah well, at least I could watch it through this rose-colored window.

And the boys cut snowflakes all afternoon.


The view from my computer.


Lastly, we received this fun postcard from a Minnesotan couple claiming to be in Hawaii. Does anyone have any idea who these people might be??

6 comments:

E Caughron said...

Is that a recessed window? Or is there really four feet of snow outside? My oh my, and it was 99F in Phoenix today! What lovely roses though, tell Jeremy I think he is a wonderful husband.

Alice said...

Can you believe it? We are covered in snow and ice too--and after announcing spring was here only a few days ago.

I love the roses, and Patrick told me to tell your boys the snowflakes are pretty.

LOL to see the postcard. I think I might be able to figure out who sent it!

Matilda said...

I thought of all you snowbound gals yesterday while we were getting our wildflower bed ready. Maybe this is winter's last hurrah?

Margaret in Minnesota said...

They must have wished you were there.

Suzanne Temple said...

Thanks, Margaret. They really loved getting mail from Hawaii!

Suzanne Temple said...

Oh, and erin, that is a recessed window. We did get quite a bit of snow, though. And thanks, I will tell Jeremy.