Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thankfulness: Lenten Edition

Alicia has taken some time to be thankful this Thursday in Lent. What a great response to the tedium of a winter that has overstayed its welcome.

And Michelle has a wonderful reflection on how easy it is to see the ingratitude of others, but at the same time, how difficult it can sometimes be to remember the abundance of our own blessings.

And what am I grateful for this Thursday in Lent? Five grateful children (ostensibly, anyway). I can hardly lift a finger for these boys without being showered in a chorus of their cheerful, Thank Yous--a habit they learned from their father, and for this I am very thankful.

4 comments:

Cheryl M. said...

Oh how lovely! My oldest thanks me often for the meals I prepare for him...and the other night after our family rosary my 16 year old rough, tough Secondborn says, "I Love You, Mom." It was a gift to hear those words from him. I responded, "I Love You too, Michael."

Kristen Laurence said...

The best gratitude in the world is from our families. You are indeed blessed!

Suzanne Temple said...

Oh Cheryl, That IS a gift!

Thank you, Kristen.

Ruth said...

That is very sweet.