Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Farm Tales

Farm Tales is a Little Golden Book Collection of stories centered around farm life. Selections include The Shy Little Kitten, The Boy With a Drum, The Fuzzy Duckling, and A Day on the Farm. 212 pages.

This book is Zachary's (age 3) favorite. He call it his "Farmer Boy," referring to his brothers' favorite Laura Ingalls Wilder book, also about life on a farm. I think he's named it well. These toddler-sized Little Golden Book collections with their enlarged pictures and glossy pages capture all the magic of the classic stories and present them in refreshingly enhanced color.

The illustrations of Eloise Wilkin, Richard Scarry, and J.P. Miller are particularly worthy of note in this edition. A wonderful addition to the little one's library!

7 comments:

Kristen Laurence said...

Okay, we have the same library! This is Madeleine's favorite!

Matilda said...

I am going to have to find a copy now. My BigBoy would love it!

ascozyasspring said...

I think my son would love it as well. Thank you.

Crafty Mom said...

I love the little golden books. My daughter from 2 to 4 adored the Poky Little Puppy and Shy Little Kitten. She also liked the Color Kittens.

I have yet to introduce my son to these wonderful books.

We have the Golden Book Treasury, which I love, but it doesn't have all the illustrations. I know some say these books don't have any appeal to today's children, but I disagree. I find them wholesome and heartwarming.

faithemmanuel said...

Oh! I love Eloise Wilken! Thanks for the tip-- I think we've just found some great Easter gifts. Thanks, Suzanne!
-Faith

Christine said...

We have most of these stories as individual books (they were my husbands when he was young) and my children love them. I know some of the stories by heart.

Suzanne Temple said...

I completely agree, crafty mom.

Faith, the Eloise Wilkin books are also sold as a collection just like this. Those are also hugely popular here.