Thursday, March 15, 2007

Current Trends

We were out running endless errands on a mad search for sneakers because every child has outgrown his and there is no one place that carries all the sizes and styles I need. My rope was starting to fray so I warned the boys, "Look, I need you to be very cooperative and quiet at this next store. I'm running out of patience here, but we need to get this done. Do you understand?"

Alex replies by addressing the whole van, "When we are noisy and touching too many things at the store it makes Mama's battery low. And when Mama's battery is low it makes our batteries low, so let's all just be quiet and recharge for a while."

I couldn't have said it better.

10 comments:

Goslyn said...

Hilarious. Was Alex's little speech effective in calming his brothers?

scmom said...

That little guy gets it!

Johane said...

An intelligent little man you've got there! :D

monica said...

I love your blog title and your oldest boy's name. :) our youngests middle name is nicholas. thanks for stopping by my blog.
monica

BLOG DE MARIO LUIZ DE MELLO said...

Hi

I just want say hello.
Very nice blog!

Mario
Brasil
http://blogdomariomello.blogspot.com

Cheryl M. said...

I sure hope they each have a new pair of shoes....a headache inducing job for sure!

Matilda said...

What a wise little man!

Mary Ellen Barrett said...

The child is obviously a genius! :)

Kristen Laurence said...

Too funny! I too would like to know the outcome of this endeavor! :)

Suzanne Temple said...

Well, since you asked, all BUT Jacob came home with new shoes. I just couldn't find the right shoes in his size. And everyone, including myself, behaved well.