Friday, March 02, 2007

The Best Kind of Medicine

Yesterday evening I started a migraine headache. I don't get them very often, but when I do, they make me sick to my stomach. I MUST take medication and keep my eyes closed. Any exposure to light will make me sick. This was the state I was in last night while we were praying the rosary. I was lying down on the couch with my eyes closed tightly, responding as loudly and as quietly as I could, when I heard some whispering at the other end of my couch.

I opened one eye just enough to see Simeon and Zachary wrapped in the same blanket. Zachary was holding up one of our new and freshly laminated eight by ten Mysteries of the Rosary Prints from CHC. It was the Transfiguration and Simeon was quietly and accurately explaining it to him. They sat closely together, rosaries in hand. Zachary was wide-eyed, listening, and drinking it all in. For a moment, I forgot that my head ached at all-- and the light could not affect me.

8 comments:

ascozyasspring said...

That's so sweet! I hope you feel better today.

Dawn said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful moment. I hope you are feeling better today!

LN said...

Take a pregnancy test.

Suzanne Temple said...

LN, Ha!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Such a beautiful story!

Hope you're feeling better!

Karen E. said...

That is so lovely.
I hope you're feeling better!

meredith said...

Very sweet! Hope you feel better soon!

Kristen Laurence said...

Oh no. I hadn't realized someone else already made rosary prints. I've had the idea for some time to make something similar (but mine was going to be oil on canvas type paintings with five decades held together by a small metal chain that would be hung on a wall and switched out depending on what mysteries were going to be said.)

But these seem much easier. Are the prints well done?