Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Temple Terms

Here is a short sampling of some essential terms for understanding...

Ice Q
: Def. One of those frozen, three dimensional, square-shaped blocks of ice used to keep drinks cool. Sentence: My mother always worries that I will choke on an ice Q.

Corder: Def. The coin most often required for vending machines. Sentence: Can I have a corder for the gum ball machine?

Briffix: Def. The first meal of the day-- usually cold cereal, but preferably pancakes.

The Honky-Tonky Fider: Def. You know, the one that went up the water spout? Down came the rain and washed the fider out...

Remembery: Def. The faculty by which you remember. Sentence: Jacob knows where to go because he has a good remembery.

Fer Wealy:
Def. Short phrase tacked on to the end of a sentence that indicates you really mean what you just said. Sentence: A jaguar can run faster than a car and I'm not kidding, fer wealy.

8 comments:

Barb, sfo said...

I'd like to hear just how the Temples sing that "Honky Tonky Spider" song. Sounds like a good country tune to me :)

Cute!!

Amy said...

LOL! These are so cute! I love "kid speak."

Johane said...

Absolutely lovely. Reminds me of my little one's vocabulary...

"Topie" = Sophie (her sister)
"Malie" = Marie (her other sister)
"Dulie" = Julie ...

Her favorite song? :D

"Flele Daques, flele daques, do-may vous? do-may vous? Donnez les matines, donnez les matines. Ding-dang-dong. Ding-dang-dong!"

Have a blessed day!

Dawn said...

So cute! It's great to write them down, because before you know it, they're not saying them in the same (adorable) way!

Aimee said...

"Honky-Tonky Fider" - my absolute fave!! Can't you just see a little spider in a cowboy hat and eight boots?
In our house it's:

Weggy-Bug = Lady bug
Witch-Itch = Sandwich
Grurl = Girl
Polly = potty

And too many more to list . . .
I love these kids!

Matilda said...

I thought the elusive Honky Tonky Fider could only be found in the far reaches of the high hills of Texas. I had no idea they had migrated to Connecticut.

One of my daughter's nicknames came from her oldest brother not being able to pronounce her name. When we tried to teach him to say Nat...tall...ee, he chose to drop the "nat" and just call her Tolly.

Cheryl M. said...

I love that list of Temple talk! Years (many) ago one of my brothers thought we wiped our mouths at the dinner table with "nakkins" and my Sweetpea used to like to go to "Tay-Mart."

Jane Ramsey said...

So cute! I'm going to have to gather up the funny-talk around here and post it!