Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Lord Connecteth and the Lord Disconnecteth

Well, well, well. Remember how we were supposed to move in December? Well, I had been very good about calling all our utilities and requesting stop service. When the move fell through, I was also very good about contacting the utilities a second time and requesting a stop-stop-service and the utilities were all very good at honoring those, or so I had thought.

It appears our DSL service was just really bad at responding to any of it. They processed our STOP service today! Maybe they will receive my stop-stop-service in another two months, but for now they have given me this dial up connection that I can't use with our wireless modem...

So, I'm on my husband's laptop that does not remember ANY of my passwords with a connection that is so.......

SSSss...ss.ss...sll..ll...lo..oo...oo.o....ooo.o.ww..www ....

...it times out at every turn.

Since I'd rather pull all my hair out strand by strand than use this medium for any extended period of time, I am sad to say that I will be taking a break --or at least blogging and visiting blogs lightly-- until I have my DSL connection running again, which should be in about a week. Since I won't be spending as much time as I'm wont with my new friend Blogger, I hope to use the time to get re-acquainted with my old friend Word. Maybe I'll start working on some of the projects I have spinning around in my head.

I leave you with these words of wisdom:

Jacob: It's really fun to be out of control. (I think he meant on a sled)

3 comments:

Luci1 said...

Hi Suzanne,
Sad to hear you'll be away. I so enjoy reading your blog. I read the one about Cracker Barrel and then went straight to my library system to request the Gone Away Lake book. I discovered she wrote a sequel, Return to Gone-Away.

Thought you might be interested!

Bridget B said...

Please work on those art projects. You know, the stained glass window one. Did you think I forgot!!! I am dying to do that with the kids. Give me a price and I'll send a check.

Matilda said...

That's it. I am calling to complain! Who is your DSL provider?

:^)

Please don't be gone too long!