Thursday, February 01, 2007

Homemaking Meme


I've been tagged by the beautiful Kimberlee who graciously shares with us the many good things she ponders in her heart.


Aprons – Y/N?

You know, I don't wear one. But since I've been seeing all of you wearing your aprons, I would really like one or two. It seems the perfect robe for Domestic Queenship. Besides, I think I'd be cute in an apron.


Baking – Favorite thing to bake:
Blueberry Scones, peanut butter cookies (See above: made today), breads of all sorts, muffins of every variety, birthday cakes, pies...

Clothesline – Y/N?
We have one. I use it for pool towels in the summer. That's all.


Donuts – Have you ever made them?
No.


Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day:
Laundry, dishes, cooking, endlessly picking things up off the floor...


Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
No.


Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
Yes, but it needs servicing. Last weekend someone dropped a string in there and it hasn't sounded the same since I pulled it out. Arrg.


Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?

Lately, blogs.

Ironing – Love it or hate it?

Like my sister, I don't iron. I never have. I never will. I don't understand it, our mother always ironed so faithfully.


Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
Which one? This one? Or the one below it I use to clear the counters?

Kitchen: Design & Decorating?
It is cream colored with deep red trim,chestnut cabinets and a red-ish wood-looking laminate floor. Soon to have my fruits on the walls.


Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I can reach six hearts for the same effort it takes to reach one. It's a wonderful feeling...of course, it is scary to think how much this is going to cost us in a few years!


Mop – Y/N?
Every night.

Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
By hand.

Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
Open the door. Too many finger/nose prints on the window.


Pizza – What do you put on yours?
I grill pizza. It is wonderful with fresh basil, tomato, garlic, green onions, and mozzarella. But I've been known to top pizza with such things as pears and Gorgonzola or Rosemary, mushrooms and Brie.


Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you-- a "what" moment??

Recipe card box – Y/N?
No. Three ring binder with plastic folders for inserting hand written or computer printed recipes.


Style of house –
Red Cape Cod with white trim, window boxes, and a white sun room. We have what they call "curb appeal." If only it were larger...


Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?
I just bought some great cork-backed place mats. Paper napkins.


Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?

Organized. A little stinky with all the wet rags drying down there, but I wash those once a week.

Vacuum – How many times per week?

Fifteen? Twenty? It seems I don't stop vacuuming and it always needs doing.

Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
Seven to ten.


X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
No.

Yard – Y/N? Who does what?
My husband tends to most things outdoors. I'd like to do more...


Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Check on the sleeping boys, kiss their foreheads, say a Hail Mary for each.


I Tag Cheryl and Kristen.

8 comments:

Faith said...

I'm with you (and your sister) on the ironing thing. Now I know why my mother-in-law owned about 30 pairs of polyester pants. However, I love white cotton blouses. :( What to do, what to do. . .)

Kristen Laurence said...

I don't believe it. I made peanut butter cookies today too!

Cheryl M. said...

I wish I had some peanut butter cookies.....thanks for the tag! :)

neuropoet3 said...

Okay, those look like amazing cookies - can I share? :) By the way, thanks for stopping by today - I'm glad you enjoyed your little visit. What corner of WA are you guys in? We're just outside Portland OR - in the middle of nowhere as my little sisters always say. :)
Blessings,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

HI!
Would you be able to share the recipe for your PB Cookies?
Thank you!

Anonymous said...

HI!
Would you be able to share the recipe for your PB Cookies?
Thank you!

Beck said...

I've never seen this meme before - it's really fun!

Jane Ramsey said...

I love the junk drawer story...sounds very familiar, although my boys usually find these things outside!