If the content has been a little thin here at B.A.M. lately, I do apologize. The truth is that there have been some non-virtual goings-on here that have required my attention and consumed much of my thought. I hope to write something of more substance soon, but until then please indulge me in this meme. The wise and talented Renee from Crazyacres, one of my favorite cyberplaces, has tagged me to name six weird things about myself. So here goes...
1. I'm crazy about Lima Beans. Love them. Love them. Love them. Don't worry, though, I don't like Brussel Sprouts.
2. Despite excellent balance and good gymnastic training in my youth, I am accident prone. My oldest brother was once teasing me about this very fact and saying that corporations should hire me to walk through their facilities in order to reveal all hazards and potential liabilities. After defending myself rather eloquently, I promptly tripped on a nail and fell on my duff.
3. A little research into phobias tells me that I have a touch of amaxophobia (fear of riding in cars) especially on the highway, claustrophobia (fear of enclosed spaces), and acrophobia (fear of heights).
As a side note, I also learned that I most certainly do not have clinophobia (fear of sleep), cyberphobia (fear of working on computers), or papaphobia (fear of the pope).
Also, I got a laugh out of the word meaning "fear of Greek terms": Hellenologophobia (Couldn't they have used Latin roots for that one?)
And lastly, the word meaning "fear of long words": Sesquipedalophobia (that's 18 letters folks!)
4. I sometimes experience "brain freezes" for no apparent reason. Suddenly, I just can't remember the name of someone I know very well, the birth year of one of the children, the proper use of quotation marks, or where I left my head. Luckily, these usually pass in a matter of minutes. Ok, maybe hours.
5. When I laugh really hard (which is often), tears stream down my face. People often mistake this for crying. It's embarrassing to have people become concerned about you when you're just enjoying yourself. "No, no" I have to say, "What you said was very funny. I'm laughing. I'm not crying."
6. My earlobes are of the recessive attached variety.