Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Things I Will Smile About As I Fall Asleep Tonight

Today...

Simeon vacuumed the dining room after dinner. When I thanked him he stepped forward, took a dramatic bow and said in his deepest voice, "It was nothing."

Alexander read both short and long vowel words beautifully. He was so proud of himself he could hardly get the last few out from behind his grin.

Jacob looked at the painting posted below and said, "I didn't know it was a rainy day when you and Papa was marryin'." The dear boy thought that elegant lady was his mother!

Zachary stood in fuzzy, green, feety pajamas and announced spontaneously from the next room, "I luz you, Mama." When I said "I love you, too, Zachy" he came running into the kitchen and bowled me over.

Nicholas woke up in our bed this morning and ran out of the room shouting "Gracky....Gracky" (his name for Zachary). Then, as though he had suddenly remembered something, he dashed back into our room, kissed me on the mouth and was gone as fast as he had come.

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

sounds like you had a pretty good day....I'm smiling too. :)

Kristen Laurence said...

Me too! :)

MaryM said...

Your guys are just too precious!

Goslyn said...

Ah, the joys of boys. What I have to look forward to.

I love it when you share such lovely snapshots of your family life. Thank you.

Jane Ramsey said...

So sweet, every one of them!

Suzanne Temple said...

Cheryl and Kristen, your smiles are making me smile.

Thank you, marym, goslyn, and jane!

Alice said...

LOL! True Confessions time--when I saw that picture of the dancing wedding couple, I momentarily thought it was you do.

But you're much prettier. (Not just saying that either.)

Alice said...

er, that should have said "thought it was you too."

Kimberlee said...

Thanks for sharing your sweeties with us! What tender moments.