Saturday, January 13, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I was given a little time alone today-- some time to run some errands and get some exercise, and maybe enjoy a little peace and quiet. When I returned, it seemed I was the only one who noticed they were all speaking at once...

Simeon:...Where did you go? Did you go running? Your face is pink. What's in the bag? Is there anything for me?

Alexander:...But it was funny in the movie, Mama, cause there's this hammer, and you hit it on the wall and the walls start to crack...

Jacob:...but how do you exercise with those things? Those things Mama,..you know, those things that have balls on the ends and are very heavy? What do you do with those?....

Zachary:...Do you remember the "Statue of Liverty?" in the water, in New York? Remember, Mama?...

Nicholas: ...ah quant-want, Mama, ooohhh... dogies...woof-oof... Mama...

I am convinced that the very best part of getting away... is the coming home.

* * *

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey Suzanne, Janelle recommended I check out your blog. She and I used to be roommates before Brad stole her away! I really enjoy the humor in your writing and the pictures of your kids are awesome. I just had my first baby in November so Janelle and I are still figuring out this motherhood thing!

Johane said...

Ah! Only one who is the parent of a large family could actually follow such a conversation and actually recall what everyone said!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

I love this post, Suzanne, and completely agree with you!

Rebecca said...

Your boys say the cutest things, Suzanne! You are blessed!

Suzanne Temple said...

Thanks for visiting, kelly.

johane, I couldn't remember ALL they said..these are the basics.

thank you ladybug and rebecca.

Johane said...

LOL... That may be so, that may be so. But you did an excellent job remembering the basics!

Jane Ramsey said...

So true!