That caption reads...
Well, (thankfully) that's not exactly how the "future" turned out, but there are many things that my mother did not have when all nine of her children were small and that I am grateful to have today. Joining in on Thankful Thursdays, however late, I add my list of ten such things...Because everything in her house is waterproof, the housewife of 2000 can do her daily cleaning with a hose.
- A vehicle with car seats that can safely hold my whole family.
- Pay at the pump gas stations.
- The necessary support system and materials for homeschooling.
- The internet for shopping, learning, news, blogs, and "virtual friends" as real as my real ones.
- The additional child tax credit. Not that it covers actual costs, but it sure is appreciated every April.
- Peapod by Stop and Shop. I have never actually used this service, but I sleep well at night knowing that it is there.
- "Mother with child" parking spots at grocery stores, changing stations in public restrooms, and family bathrooms!
- The Luminous Mysteries, because the grace of five extra mysteries is that much more to make up for where I am lacking!