Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Recommended


This is beautiful. Jeremy and I watched it last night. (Not for the boys, just yet.)

The 3-D and 4-D imaging is amazing, and the computer generated embryo that the film follows through complete gestation is very life-like.

The information, at the end, concerning the development of the senses is fascinating. Did you know your baby can taste your cooking before he is born? I didn't.

Also, I was amazed to hear the narrator say, "The more we see and learn about this previously hidden world, the more we see that, developmentally speaking, birth is a relatively insignificant event." (This is not an exact quote, I'm going from memory, but that was the force of it!)

Go here for previews and photos.

8 comments:

Erika said...

Wow! It is so crazy to think of all that going on inside of you - especially since you can't feel it for several months.

Margaret said...

Where did you get the video?

Suzanne Temple said...

Margaret, We got it from Netflix. If you don't have Netflix, I would suppose you could find it at Blockbuster?? Hollywood Video??

meLanie said...

how completely incredible. she is beautiful, it brings tears to my eyes.

Alice said...

>"The more we see and learn about this previously >hidden world, the more we see that, developmentally >speaking, birth is a relatively insignificant event."

Whoa--that is some incredible quote! Thank you.

jerseygirlmama said...

The most amazing moment of my life was seeing Shelby's heart beat and hearing it for the first time. My OB (who lived through a difficult miscarriage with us)'s face lit up as well. You could tell (and she actually said this right before Shelby was born) that seeing these babies grow inside their mamas and delivering them was always a miracle for her.
We will have to watch this soon!

Anonymous said...

Incredible. Thanks.

TiaKay said...

My girls and I watched it recently, they were fascinated by it.... as was I! It is a great lesson on the marvelous gift of life, and led to some learning opportunities for them.