Monday, November 06, 2006

Recharged

Well, we were in an oral agreement with a prospective buyer of our home, but, at the last minute, she decided not to sign the contract. It is probably for the best, but the emotional drain of all this added to the physical drain of continued showings left me tired the other night and maybe-- just maybe-- a little grouchy.

Simeon noticed my sour mood and approached to put his arm around me, but I stopped him. "Not now, Simeon," I said, "Mama is in no-touch mode."

"No-touch mode?" he wondered, "Do you mean that you are recharging?" I laughed at this analogy to a cell phone.

"Yes, Simeon," I said, "Mama's battery is low right now and I just need to sit here, plugged in to my tea, and recharge."

That night, after prayers, Simeon approached me to say goodnight. I scooped him up and gave him a great big bear hug. On the way to his bed afterward, he leaned in close to Jeremy, motioned toward me with his eyebrows, and said--between men--"She's all recharged, now."

Jeremy was probably glad to get the update.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I just love it! (not the house selling bit - blah....I could never deal in real estate - too stressful!!!)

Anonymous said...

That is precious.

Rebecca said...

How sweet your little ones are!

Suzanne Temple said...

Thank you, rebecca. They are very good natured.