Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Privacy Whipped

When Zachary was a little less than two years old, I had asked him one morning for some privacy so that I could change my clothes. He understood that I wanted something from him, but he didn't understand what I was asking.

Happy to oblige, he put his little hand out as if to give me something. I presented my own hand to receive it. "Chee-coo," he said as he dropped the "privacy" into my hand. I laughed so hard that it made an impression and, ever since that day, Zachary has handed me "privacy" in the most imaginative ways.

This morning was a new one. "Can Mama have some privacy?" I asked as I readied myself for Mass. Zachary (2.5) held out his hand as if around a can. When I presented my hand he pressed an imaginary nozzle and squirted into my palm-- complete with sound effects-- a generous dollop of "privacy."

I may not see real privacy for many years to come, but in the mean time, at least I'll be amused.

7 comments:

Honora said...

ROFL!!

Oh, thank you for sharing this!

Suzanne Temple said...

Thanks for visiting, Honora, does ROFL stand for rolling on the floor?

Anonymous said...

Yes, and that is absolutely adorable... :) May you always have privacy in such a unique and loving way.

Gabrielle said...

I thought this was just adorable, too. What a sweet soul he must be!

Anonymous said...

LOL! What a sweetie!

Suzanne Temple said...

Thanks, anon!

Thanks for visiting, gabrielle and rebecca!

Anonymous said...

LOL. Oh, I love it. So cute.