Friday, November 17, 2006

Control



Last night Zachary brought me the remote control to one of our unit air conditioners.

"Thank you, " I said, "Now Mama's going to use this to make Zachary put his hands up in the air." I pointed it toward him and made a button pushing sound.

He looked a bit confused at first, but then put his hands up in the air.

"Good." I said, "Now Mama's going to use this to make Zachary put his hands on the floor. Bzzzeeep." And Zachary complied.

"Now Mama's going to make Zachary roll over on the floor." He rolled over.

"Now Mama is going to turn Zachary off."

"Oh no!" Zachary pleaded, "Please don't."

Poor kid. I didn't realize how much control he thought I really had.

And I imagine that is most likely true in a larger sense as well.

5 comments:

Alice said...

He is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Suzanne, your little boys are just precious!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

Gabrielle said...

I just love the way you interact with your children, Suzanne! It's no wonder they're so cute you could just squish 'em.

Rebecca said...

How sweet! :)